Day 935, January 3, 2023

Everything is Too Beautiful

The band I’m in played First Night in Northampton for the first time, and it was a wonderful experience.
So many appreciative people.

An eagerness for live music.

A Buddhist chanter, 
a woman from Peru, 
a mother I knew when the kids were in grade school, 
a man who demanded to know when we were playing next.

It was hard to be so thirsty with a water bubbler standing in the alcove, 
but no cups to be found anywhere. 

Fireworks are very loud on the inside of a concrete garage.

The president of a college was dancing across the room.

When I was visiting home, 
my father tried to teach me how to play a pansori beat on a Korean drum. 
He said I played it too rock and roll.

He accompanied my son and it was beautiful. 
My father looked happy and pleased.

A daughter who was going to travel on an airplane with two dogs, 
was rerouted to stay home 
and so a larger portion of a family diaspora ate acorn jelly together.

My brother has fun being a father 
and it is great to see he still has the wild barely controlled smile he had as a child. 

At the beginning of the pandemic I purchased some music books, 
and I am finally learning how to use them on a tablet.

Today, for lunch, I ate orange chicken, 
two vegetarian spring rolls, 
rice, 
a slice of Jamaican jerk pork, 
a rectangle of chicken pot pie, 
and a few quarters of roast potato.

After work I was so tired I took my first Covid test of the year 
and it was negative.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1003, March 13, 2023

Day 999, March 9, 2023

Day 998, March 8, 2023