Day 691 May 24, 2022

Human Condition

Sometimes it is better 
to close one’s mind 
to the possibilities, 
the unknowns, 
the unfathomable. 

It is a belly ache of uncertainty, 
like eating uncontrollably, 
tearing and ripping the fabric of something precious. 

There is horrible sorrow everywhere, 
I can feel it. 

There is anger, there is fear, there is the emptiness. 

I long to be touched 
the way you long to be touched, 
and yet, 
the world reverberates 
with concrete angles and uncut sidewalks. 

A most precious hand in mine. 

That is what I remember, 
always, 
for each of my children. 

I wish to always hold them and whisper stories into their hair, 
even as they wave me away and walk off into the distance. 

Each person is a blessing. 
Each life, a curse. 
Every existence precious. 

If only we could all just exist 
in our most marvelous selves, 
imagine the condition, 
imagine the flavor, 
imagine the solace. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1003, March 13, 2023

Day 999, March 9, 2023

Day 998, March 8, 2023