Day 684 May 17, 2022

The Routine 

 I spoke with two different people from Mumbai today. I think I remember what tragedy is. The wind blew strong and this morning a small rodent was splayed open like a brilliant red flower. When I am tired I contemplate lying down and the effort it will take. I was a terrible speller. I am writing with a dog on my lap and a belly full of cereal. The sound on the ipad is on very low and it is like I am working on a very quiet typewriter. The house creaks and doors shift. The forest in the distance loses dimensionality as it loses color, until the trees are cut construction paper pressed against a blue grey sky. The tour guide in China said I was melancholy, but I was just sad. Would you believe me if I said I love you? The house whistles a response. Wood speaks. The agitated air speaks. It is time to tuck the chickens in. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1003, March 13, 2023

Day 999, March 9, 2023

Day 998, March 8, 2023