Day 628 March 22, 2022

Entropy

Don’t let the sunlight fool you, 
it is still quite cold out. 

Wear gloves when you ride a bike, 
and cover your face. 

I dream of warm places, 
sweat dripping off your nose 
on a summer night, 
an ice chilled glass. 

Open your mouth and let me climb inside. 
That is how wolves greet people. 

My resilience is measured in my food choices, 
what my body tolerates, 
what it does not. 

The man with the funny name 
wears funny glasses, 
but says serious things.

Today, I travelled a different route 
and rode past the house with the gates 
that used to open on Halloween, 

such a magical event, 
a three ring circus, 
scary clowns and fun house mirrors.
One pound bars of chocolate for everybody. 

At places, the wooden fence leans precariously 
like a child on an amusement park ride. 
One misplaced tug 
and it seems an entire section would succumb to curiosity.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1003, March 13, 2023

Day 999, March 9, 2023

Day 998, March 8, 2023