Day 488, October 26, 2021

Slow Day

Some weeks seem particularly long, 
like a dream that you are waiting to end. 
I once imagined an amplifier 
that I played in a showroom in New York, 
and when I finally managed to buy one, 
it was much larger than I remembered, 
much larger than I imagined. 
I remember a refreshing coolness to the air, 
the crisp draw of large piles of dry leaves, 
the wormy dampness within. 
I am already bundling up with a had and gloves. 
It might be a long winter. 
I really should rearrange my living room, 
then my back would not hurt so much. 
When I was little, no televisions were this big. 
This morning, instead of writing fiction, 
I wrote to my doctor. 
I am looking forward to the first snow. 
I want to travel somewhere and sleep in hotel sheets.
Some weeks are just waiting to end.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1003, March 13, 2023

Day 999, March 9, 2023

Day 998, March 8, 2023