Day 506, August 5, 2021

Wayfinding

I drove my car in this morning because of a prediction of rain that never seemed to manifest other than a brief morning misty drizzle. I used the opportunity to explore an alternate route to work. Starting tomorrow, a large section of road leading out of Leverett into Amherst will be closed for roadwork. 

My new route, is an old trek I remembered from when I lived in Leverett and a bridge was out of commission for repairs that lasted several years. It does not seem much further in distance, but it does add one more long hill. I tried to make mental notes of where to turn, landmarks I might look out for.

The electronic road sign is not particularly helpful. It just says Road Closed 8/5 Find Alternate Route. It seems like, if you have an electronic sign capable of it, you could give some rudimentary directions, maybe a helpful street name. Instead, I am left to wander within the limitations of a car gps and my vague recollections.

Aside from one wrong turn that led me down to a dirt road, I managed to find my way back to Cushman Village, which I hope will have bypassed the construction. Tomorrow, the truth will out. (Isn't that what Mr. Weasley said?)

It feels like it has been a long week. Today was a busy day. It was a two cup of coffee day. A can't eat lunch until after 3 pm day. But, it also felt like a productive day, a good day. Class went well, it felt fun, it felt like we were doing good things. 

Band practice was cancelled. We won't be practicing in the basement for a while again. An abundance of caution.

Take care, be safe, be well,

Leo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1003, March 13, 2023

Day 999, March 9, 2023

Day 998, March 8, 2023